- Price:No Cost to eligible participants
- Course Times:9am -- 2:30pm
- Fill in the enquiry form below:
- and we will call you:
CHC33015. Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability)
.Cert III, Available Course, Featured Course
Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability)
Start your journey in the disabled care industry with Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability).
Course available in the following locations:
Bundaberg / Dalby / Gladstone / Goodna / Hervey Bay / Kingaroy / Maroochydore / Maryborough / Rockhampton / Toowoomba / Warwick
This course is also available at Yatala / Macleay Island
Rolling intakes — Late starts accepted
Join our training course in CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability)
NO COST* TRAINING in Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability)
CEA offers courses based upon industry demand and the source of funding. Many courses are presented for Government Funded programs at specific sites with dates varying according to industry and community demand.
The electives may vary between sites and over time and not all electives capable of inclusion in the overall qualification are offered by CEA. Courses offered on fee for service basis or distance learning may offer a wider range of choice.
The resources required to present certain courses will dictate whether a Course is offered in any particular location or at a particular time.
- *NO COST to most Centrelink registered job seekers (eligibility criteria applies)
- Students are required to wear suitable attire (workplace) in class by week 3 purchased at their own cost.
- Criminal history check* $42 (Cost subject to change – required by Community Services providers for work experience)
* Many organisations by their own policies will exclude students from work experience and job applicants from employment should they have any conviction. A Queensland Police Criminal history check will disclose convictions even if they are over 10 years old.
*NOTE: Students may be funded for the National Police Check and Work Clothing required for Work Experience of 120 hours.
This qualification reflects the role of workers in the community and/or residential setting who follow an individualised plan to provide person-centred support to people who may require support due to ageing, disability or some other reason.
Work involves using discretion and judgement in relation to individual support as well as taking responsibility for own outputs.
Workers have a range of factual, technical and procedural knowledge, as well as some theoretical knowledge of the concepts and practices required to provide person-centred support.
Work experience in disability required
To achieve this qualification, the candidate must have completed at least 120 hours of work as detailed in the assessment requirements of the units of competency. This work experience must be completed prior to award of the full certificate.
Units required for award of the qualification
- Total number of units = 13
– 7 core units (as below)
– 6 elective units (includes specialist disability units as below + two others to be advised on commencement of training)
- CHCCCS023 Support independence and well being
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
- LTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
- CHCCOM005 Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCCCS015 Provide individualised support
- Total number of units = 13
- Elective units
- CHCDIS001 Contribute to ongoing skills development using a strengths-based approach
- CHCDIS002 Follow established person-centred behaviour supports
- CHCDIS003 Support community participation and social inclusion
- CHCDIS007 Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability
- HLTINF001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
Classes are from 9am to 2:30pm, 4 days per week. The average course duration will be advised at your information interview or group information session. CEA will assess the needs of each student and if required extend the classroom component.
To achieve this qualification the candidate must have attended the minimum set class hours (80%) and work experience as detailed in the assessment requirements of the units of competency.
A work experience placement may NOT be offered if:
- less than 80% of class days are not attended, including all required LLN sessions
- a satisfactory result in the classroom and simulation of all required units has not been achieved.
Other course requirements.
Students are required to obtain and wear the uniform clothing advised. The training site is a work place and the rules on clothing, conduct, respect for yourself and others must be followed.
These are listed in the student manual you will receive on enrolment.
This programme is an ’In Class’ (i.e. face to face) training program under the Skills for Education and Employment (SEE) funding.
Students are able to complete units and can achieve the qualification if they successfully achieve competency in all units required.
They may also be supported for an extended period appropriate for their acquisition of the required skills as some learners simply require additional classroom support and this is a benefit of being part of the SEE program.
Recognition of Prior Learning
RPL is available to all students but is not funded under SEE which is a group classroom program. If students wish, they may apply for RPL on a fee for service basis.
Nationally Accredited Training by Career Employment Australia RTO Number 0104