- Start Date:1/5/2017
- Price Not Cost to Eligible Students
SIR30212 Certificate III in Retail Operations
SIR07 – Retail Services Training Package
SIR30212 Certificate III in Retail Operations
This qualification provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to be competent in retail operations.
Work would be undertaken in various retail store settings, such as specialty stores, supermarkets, department stores
and retail fast food outlets.
Individuals with this qualification are able to perform roles, such as:
- provide in-depth product and service advice in a retail environment
- sell products and services in a variety of retail settings
- service the point-of-sale area
- organise and maintain work areas and displays
- carry out specific responsibilities, such as merchandising.
Possible job titles
- sales assistant
- senior sales assistant
- customer service assistant
- point-of-sale operator
This qualification is suitable for an Australian Apprenticeship pathway and is also appropriate for VET in Schools (VETiS) delivery.
Pathways from the qualification
After achieving SIR30212 Certificate III in Retail Operations, individuals may undertake:
- SIR30312 Certificate III in Retail Supervision
- SIR30412 Certificate III in Business-to-Business Sales
- SIR40212 Certificate IV in Retail Management
- SIR50112 Diploma of Retail Management
- SIR50212 Diploma of Visual Merchandising.
To undertake this qualification, individuals will have previous retail experience in roles, such as:
- applying point-of-sale handling procedures
- interacting with customers
- operating retail technology
- performing stock control procedures
- applying safe work practices
- communicating in the workplace
- minimising theft.
Examples of evidence of retail experience may include:
- job descriptions and references from current or past employers
- an entry interview to determine retail operational experience.
14 units must be completed:
- 6 core units
- 8 elective units:
- a minimum of 5 units must be selected from the elective unit list below
- a maximum of 3 units may be selected from any relevant Training Package or accredited course first packaged at AQF level 2, 3 or 4.
The choice of elective units must be guided by the core function or role of the current or intended work environment, local industry requirements, and the characteristics of the AQF level of this qualification.
Units chosen from other Training Packages must not duplicate units selected from or available in SIR07 V3 Retail Services Training Package.
SIRXCOM101 Communicate in the workplace to support team and customer outcomes
SIRXIND101 Work effectively in a customer service environment
SIRXSLS201 Sell products and services
SIRXSLS303 Build relationships with customers
SIRXWHS101 Apply safe work practices
SIRXWHS302 Maintain store safety
SIRXADM002A Coordinate retail office
Cleaning and Maintenance
SIRXCLM101 Organise and maintain work areas
Client and Customer Service
SIRXCCS201 Apply point-of-sale handling procedures
SIRXCCS202 Interact with customers
SIRXCCS203 Promote loyalty programs
SIRXCCS304 Coordinate interaction with customers
SIRXCOM202 Communicate with customers using technologies
Computer Operations and ICT Management
SIRXICT001A Operate retail technology
SIRXICT303 Operate retail information technology systems
SIRXFIN003A Produce financial reports
SIRXFIN201 Balance and secure point-of-sale terminal
SIRRFSA302 Monitor food safety program
SIRXINV001A Perform stock control procedures
SIRXINV002A Maintain and order stock
Management and Leadership
SIRXMGT001A Coordinate work teams
SIRXMGT002A Maintain employee relations
Marketing and Public Relations
SIRXMPR001A Profile a retail market
SIRXMER202 Plan, create and maintain displays
SIRXMER303 Coordinate merchandise presentation
SIRXMER304 Present products
SIRRRPK006A Recommend liquor products
SIRRRPK007A Recommend and fit clothing or footwear products and services
SIRRRPK008A Recommend jewellery products and services
SIRRRPK009A Recommend toddler and baby products
SIRRRPK010A Recommend home and home improvement products and services
SIRRRPK011A Recommend books or newsagency services
SIRRRPK012A Recommend business and leisure products and services
SIRRRPK013A Hire and sell video and DVD products and services
SIRRRPK214 Recommend specialised products and services
SIRXRPK001A Recommend health and nutritional products and services
SIRXRPK002A Recommend hair, beauty and cosmetic products and services
Quality and Innovation
SIRXQUA001A Develop innovative ideas at work
SITHFAB009A Provide responsible service of alcohol
SIRRPOS004A Handle customer interviews and applications
Risk Management and Security
SIRXRSK201 Minimise loss
SIRWSLS301 Build sales relationships
SIRWSLS302 Process product and service data
SIRWSLS303 Analyse and achieve sales targets
SIRWSLS304 Build sales of branded products
SIRXSLS002A Advise on products and services
SIRXSLS304 Coordinate sales performance
There is No training cost to eligible participants
Students are required to wear suitable attire (workplace) in class by week 3.
Classes are from 9am to 2:30pm, 4 days per week. The average course duration will be advised at your information interview or group information session. CEA will assess the needs of each student and if required extend the classroom component.
To achieve this qualification, the candidate must have attended the minimum set class hours (80%) and work experience as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of the units of competency.
A work experience placement may not be offered if:
- Less than 80% of class days are not attended, including all required LLN sessions.
- A satisfactory result in classroom and simulation components of all required units has not been achieved.
Other course requirements
Students are required to obtain and wear the uniform clothing advised. The training site is a work place and the rules on clothing, conduct, respect for yourself and others must be followed. These are listed in the student manual you will receive on enrolment.
This programme is an “In Class” programme under the Skills for Education and Employment (SEE) funding. Students are able to complete units and can achieve the qualification if they successfully achieve competency in the units. They may also be supported for an extended period appropriate for their acquisition of the required skills as some learners simply require additional classroom support and this is a benefit of being part of the SEE programme.
Recognition of Prior Learning
RPL is available to all students but is not funded under SEE which is a group classroom programme. If students wish, they may apply for RPL on a fee for service basis.
* Many organisations by their own policies will exclude students from work experience and job applicants from employment should they have any conviction. Queensland Police Criminal history check will disclose convictions even if they are over 10 years old.
Nationally Accredited Training by Career Employment Australia RTO Number 0104