- Price:No cost to eligible participants
- When:See site information
- Time:9~12 : 12:30~2:30
Health Support Services
Available Course, Featured Course, Skill Sets
HLT23215 Certificate II in Health Support Services
Availability of Sites and Courses
CEA offers courses based upon industry demand and the source of funding. Many Courses are presented for Government Funded programs at specific sites with dates varying according to industry and community demand. The Electives may vary between sites and over time and not all electives capable of inclusion in the overall qualification are offered by CEA. Courses offered on fee for Service basis, distance Learning or e-Learning may offer a wider range of choice.
The resources required to present certain courses will dictate whether a Course is offered in any particular location or at a particular time.
Please click here for eligibility or call our office on 07 34571200
Total number of units = 12
- 4 core units
- 8 elective units, consisting of:
- at least 7 units from electives listed below
- up to 1 unit from the electives listed below, any endorsed Training Package or accredited course – this unit must be relevant to the work outcome
Any combination of electives that meets the rules above can be selected for the award of the Certificate II in Health Support Services. Where appropriate, electives may be packaged to provide a qualification with a specialisation.
There is No training cost to eligible participants
Students are required to wear suitable attire (workplace) in class by week 3.
Classes are from 9am to 2:30pm, 4 days per week. The average course duration will be advised at your information interview or group information session. CEA will assess the needs of each student and if required extend the classroom component.
To achieve this qualification, the candidate must have attended the minimum set class hours (80%) and work experience as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of the units of competency.
A work experience placement may not be offered if:
- Less than 80% of class days are not attended, including all required LLN sessions.
- A satisfactory result in classroom and simulation components of all required units has not been achieved.
Other course requirements
Students are required to obtain and wear the uniform clothing advised. The training site is a work place and the rules on clothing, conduct, respect for yourself and others must be followed. These are listed in the student manual you will receive on enrolment.
This programme is an “In Class” programme under the Skills for Education and Employment (SEE) funding. Students are able to complete units and can achieve the qualification if they successfully achieve competency in the units. They may also be supported for an extended period appropriate for their acquisition of the required skills as some learners simply require additional classroom support and this is a benefit of being part of the SEE programme.
Recognition of Prior Learning
RPL is available to all students but is not funded under SEE which is a group classroom programme. If students wish, they may apply for RPL on a fee for service basis.
* Many organisations by their own policies will exclude students from work experience and job applicants from employment should they have any conviction. Queensland Police Criminal history check will disclose convictions even if they are over 10 years old.
Nationally Accredited Training by Career Employment Australia RTO Number 0104