- Cost:No Cost to eligible participants
- When:2-4 days/week, 18 weeks
- Fill in the enquiry form below:
- and we will call you:
ICT20515 C2.Telecommunications Technology
.Cert II, Available Course, Featured Course, ICT
BASIC TRAINING IN TELECOMMUNICATIONS
Do you want to develop skills towards a career in the telecommunications sector?
Then come and join our no-cost training program.
ICT20515 CERTIFICATE II IN TELECOMMUNICATIONS TECHNOLOGY
There is no training cost to eligible participants
- Unit 1, 34 Old Pacific Highway Yatala
- or, 5 Blyth Street Arundel
This qualification reflects the role of a new entrant into the telecommunications industry who can apply a range of competencies in a varied work context from installation to operation of telecommunications equipment and products.
- Total number of units = 15
- 6 core units as below
- 9 elective units To Be Decided
- BSBSUS201 Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- ICTTEN201 Use electrical skills in telecommunications work
- ICTTEN202 Use hand and power tools
- ICTTEN207 Install and test internet protocol devices in convergence networks
- ICTWHS204 Follow work health and safety and environmental policy and procedures
- ICTWOR201 Work effectively in telecommunications technology
What’s on Offer?
- Funded Training delivered by Industry professionals
- Language, Literacy and Numeracy support Available
- Work Experience organised with Industry employers
- White Card and First Aid training Included
- Pre-employment support
- Safe use of hand & power tools
- Locate & identify cable system faults
- Use electrical skills in telecommunications work
- Install & test internet protocol devices in convergence networks
- Install telecommunications network equipment
- Install, terminate & certify structured cabling, including Coaxial and fibre cable
- Participants must be a QLD Resident, Aged 15 years or over and no longer at school.
- To be eligible you must also be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent resident (including humanitarian entrants), or a temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency.
- 2 to 4 days per week for a period of 18 weeks (8:30am to 4:30pm)
- Commence February/March 2018.
What will I need
- Employers within the Telecommunications Industry may require a Police Clearance.
- HI/VIS Long sleeve shirt, Navy Trousers with HI/VIS strip and Safety Boots (for work experience).
This program is proudly funded and supported by the Queensland Government through its Skilling Queenslanders for Work (SQW) initiative. Delivered by Milcom Communications Pty Ltd (RTO 6859)
Send your enquiry below.