Skilling Queenslanders for Work is an initiative of the Queensland Government to help eligible Queenslanders develop skills, gain qualifications and provide direct assistance to enter and stay in the workforce.
The initiative offers seven programs that deliver training to improve skills and employment opportunities. The programs focus on supporting young people, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, mature-age job seekers, women re-entering the workforce and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
CEA has created many activities, particularly under the Work Skills Traineeship Construction skills initiative.
- Bay Islands Building Projects, Russell and Macleay Islands
- Coorparoo Community Construction, Coorparoo
- Coorparoo School of Arts
- Redbank Rail Restoration
- Pioneer Fire Tender, Goodna
- Polish Club Upgrade, Milton
- Fairfield Church Makeover